Miniware sent for review the MHP30 Mini Hot Plate Preheater and I was excited for it’s arrival. I already had such a nice experience with the DSO212 Mini Oscilloscope so the expectations were high in terms of what to expect.
When I first saw the MHP30, I wasn’t sure if it would be a toy or really a piece of professional equipment. In the the documentation that came with the hot plate, they even mention that can be used by children with age over 8 years…
I really was intrigued! But I can tell you right now, you shouldn’t be fooled by its size!
It’s a very powerful and complete piece of professional equipment and performs pretty well.
The MHP30 is an ultra-mini (as Miniware describes it) is constant temperature hot plate or heating station, in a portable pocket size small factor. It is composed of two main parts, the controller that has the electronics with an OLED display and two phisical control buttons located on the back and a separable hot plate.
Since it uses USB Type-C for powering allow you to use any power supply to make it work, but it is recomended to use a 65W PD power supply to be able to get the maximum performance of the hot plate.
Miniware says that we can go from room temperature to 300º in just 150 seconds and since I forgot to test it while recording the video, so I decided to test it while writting this article. Using a 65W PD power supply, I was able to get to 300º in 2 minutes and 14 seconts, meaning that it took less 16 seconds than the annouced time, so pretty satisfied with the performance.
The main feature highlights mentioned by Miniware are:
- Ultra-mini size, exquisite and compact
- Separable controller and hot plate, make it easy to replace
- High quality aluminum alloy shelland stainless steel heat dissipation slices
- Built-in OLED display and true color LED that changes color with heating temperature
- Two supporting legs at the bottom can be spread out to provide stable support
- Nano-ceramic coating on brass hot plate, smooth, durable, and evenly heated
- Hot plate features a futuristic stainless steel heat dissipation bracket,artistic and practical
- PD power supply input, power up to 60W
- Takes only 150 seconds to heat from room temperature to 300°C (65W PD power supply)
- Energy saving andenvironmentally friendly
- Multi smart modes:
- preset temperature
- tilt heating
- power wake-up
- automatic sleep
- firmware upgradeble
- portable for out fields
- desoldering circuit boards
- LED beads
In terms of technical specifications:
|Heating area||30 x 30 (mm)|
|Temperature range||100 – 350º C|
|Power input||USB Type-C PD|
|Sixe||35 x 43 x 51 (L x D x H/mm)|
After testing I can find here some pros and cons.
- Allow you to heat only the desired part of your board
- USB powered
- Low power consumption
- Small and portable
- Will take almost no storage space
- Fast to heat
- Several nice functions (ex: toggle shutdown protection, auto poweroff, etc)
- High quality
- Only allow you to heat small parts of the board, if you want to solder a all board you must do it by sections
- The small heat plate area will make it a bit harder to heat the desired location on bigger boards if no additional support is used
In general I’m pretty satisfied with the MHP30, off course such a device in this small factor carries advantages and problems, if for one hand you can heat only the desired part of a board, if you want to heat the all board you’ll have to do it by sections.
Even so, I tested and is pretty fast to heat the desired section taking only a few seconds and all this considered, it is, in my opinion a good product. Might not be to everyone or everycase, but for what it was designed and meant to be used, I think it does it pretty well.
If you liked this review or you’re interested in knowing more about the Miniware MHP30 Mini Hot Plate Preheater or even buying one, see it here!
You can watch the video were I review the MHP30 Mini Hot Plate from Miniware bellow.
The affiliate links on this page allow us, without increasing your buy price, to receive a small fee in the case of you buying any of the items through our links. If you like to support TechCorner.TV, please use the provided affiliate links for your shopping.
TechCorner.TV Channels 🇺🇸 🇬🇧
⭐ Electronics – TechCornerTV – Eletronics, Projects & Tutorials
⭐ Tech & Consumer Electronics – TechCornerTV – Reviews & Tips
⭐ Unboxing & First Impressions – TechCornerTV – Mailbag day – Every monday at 8:00 AM GMT
Thank you for reading this article. ❤
If you liked, please share it, spread the love, pass the message on social networks and help us grow.