If you already passed the forthies, your eyesight probably will start to get worst and you’ll have problems when trying to do projects with SMD components, you might use those magnifying glasses on top of the head or on a support arm, but they are always getting out of focus, is not pratical and if you already use glasses, those magnifying glasses on top of the head, will mess with your glasses… what a nightmare! There must be a better way….
There is, this is the case where a digital microscope like the Adonstar AD208 that comes with a 8.5″ display and a maximum resolution of 1280×800 and is able to save video up to 1080p (1920×1080).
In the Andonstar AD208 8.5″ digital microscope review is noticable that is a device full o nice features, bellow is a small summary of what we can find on this digital microscope:
- 8.5″ LCD display with 1280×800 resolution
- 2 megapixels sensor
- UV filter for lens protection
- MicroSD card supported up to 32GB
- FHD 1080p (1920×1080) 30fps AVI video recording
- 12M (4032×3024) JPEG photo recording
- 5X up to 260X magnification
- Focus range between 1cm and 16cm
- 12 languages supported (Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/English/Japanese/French/Germany/Korean/Portuguese/Spanish/Russian/Thai/Vietnamese)
- 2 x led orientable lights/projectors+ lens/sensor led light
- Weights 1.65kg
- Powered by USB 5V
- Has a 18650 battery that allows the microscope to be portable
There is, in my point of view, some “pros” that worth mentioning:
- Large 8.5″ display give us a clear image of what is being observed
- Very usefull twin led lights projectors
- Magnifying resolution is very acceptable, you have Optical Zoom + Digital Zoom
- Easy image adjust/focus
- Portable, powered by a 18650 battery
And also some “cons”:
- In my unit the battery doesn’t seems to charge when the microscope is connected to the USB (probably a problem with my unit)
- The LED light require a second connection to the USB cable and are independant of the microscope operation, it will better to have only one control point, lessa cables and everything controlled from the main unit.
- In portable mode you can’t use the auxialiary ltwin ed lights, camera/lens light still works
- Even having a Micro USB connector for power, there is no connection to the PC and the only way you can export the images is saving it to a SD card an then opening on a PC.
The issue with the battery, I really believe that it probably is a problem of my unit, I don’t see anywhere, not even in the channel comments, someone complaining of the same issue.
The image output issue, seems to be a commercial issue to give more relevance to the higher models of Andonstar.
The issue of the twin led lights seems to be a shortcut in costs and in development time, this will be a better product with two 18650 batteries that will power the microscope and the led lights, surelly will cost a few more bucks, but it will worth it. We can’t have it trully mobile without loosing the usage of the lights and when using with cables it is a lot o cables on the desk… to much.
Even those not so positive last comments, I trully believe this is a great buy and it is used frequently here on my eletronics lab, not only for SMD projects, but also when sorting out components or even for some recordings for the channels. The correction of some of the above issues will be the frosting on the cake, but this is a awesome product anyway.
I love my AD208 and to be honest it was a life savier, allowing to deep in more small parts projects.
Are you Interested in this item?
You can buy it here Andonstar AD208 8.5” LCD HD 1080P Handheld USB Digital Microscope
You can see the video for this article on the top of page and please visit our Youtube channels for more interesting videos.
TechCorner.TV Channels 🇺🇸 🇬🇧
⭐ Electronics – TechCornerTV – Eletronics, Projects & Tutorials
⭐ Tech & Consumer Electronics – TechCornerTV – Reviews & Tips
⭐ Unboxing & First Impressions – TechCornerTV – Mailbag day – Every monday at 8:00 AM GMT
The affiliate links on this page allow us, without increasing your buy price, to receive a small fee in the case of you buying any of the items through our links. If you like to support TechCorner.TV, please use the provided affiliate links for your shopping.
Thank you for reading this article. ❤
If you liked, please share it, spread the love, pass the message on social networks and help us grow.